Pakcoin hardfork is scheduled at block number 950,000 which would come around 18th to 20th November 2018.
Upgrading wallets (Windows, Linux, Mac):
- Make a backup of your wallet from file menu of old wallet.
- If your wallet is not synced, let it get synced 100%.
- Close your old wallet and wait couple of minutes.
- Run the new wallet software and wait for it to load blocks and upgrade the existing blockchain.
- Once it’s opened completely, you are good to go.
- Make sure to make the backup again of your wallet.
- Users having coins on exchanges don’t need anything to be done for upgrade.
- One should have the new version of wallet before the hardfork to send and recieve pakcoins after hardfork.
- Do not send pakcoins during the hardfork period.
- After hardfork, if you are sending pakcoins to any address, make sure they are having the new version of pakcoin wallet. To check that, you should send a small amount e.g 0.001 PAK to the address and see if it reached the other party (any person or exchange), once the transaction appeared there you are good to send the full amount.
For Miners and Exchanges:
All miners and exchanges should upgrade to the latest version before the block 950,000 or they would be rejected by the network after this block and won’t be able to send or recieve pakcoins. It is advised to get upgraded ASAP before the hardfork.
Also add these nodes as upgraded nodes: